Think about coming home from a long day at work. The only thing you dream of is some tasty food, and you are too tired to cook. In this case, you will order food via an on-demand food delivery app. Thanks to on-demand mobile app services, we can use mobile app solutions to receive a consultation with doctors, hail a taxi, or order medicine. The reason why on-demand service apps are top-rated among users is that they save effort and time. Because of its flexibility, an on-demand business model is suitable for any industry.
If you think of on-demand mobile app development for your organisation, you must be aware of the development costs. So, to help you understand how the on-demand economy has been moving and how you will benefit your business with the opportunities, some essential information has been drafted in this blog to help you proceed in the right direction.
Now let us understand the market position of these apps through the lens of facts, research, and surveys:
- By 2023, the on-demand food delivery market has been projected to hit $1616.74 billion because of its usability
- As per PwC’s report, by 2025, the market of on-demand mobile websites and apps has been predicted to reach the value of $335 billion
- As per reports of the Global Unicorn Club of CBInsight, in 2019, worth $1 billion, 23 out of 310 private companies belonged to the on-demand market industry. These on-demand unicorns comprised Didi Chuxing ($56B) and Uber ($72B)
- Considering various stakeholders, 63% of the employees of the on-demand platforms mention that they are happy when they work with one on-demand economy
- Its value is realized by users widely and globally as on-demand users have been observed to spend an average of $57.6 B annually.
What are On-demand service apps?
These are the service platforms working as a bridge between independent product or service providers and potential customers. The bridge acts as a service platform where various businesses as well as its customers meet. Here, two parties can find one another and engage on mutually satisfactory terms potentially.
The reason for the popularity of this platform lies in its capability to cater to the demands of every particular individual. This platform allows users to select any kind of service and get it easily ordered. These on-demand mobile app solutions solve various problems of logistics, supply chain management, transportation, etc. The market captured by on-demand service apps is spreading progressively and is expected to grow in the near future.
As per reports, 42% of the overall US adult population has used the services of an on-demand service app for startups. Entering into this huge industry of on-demand apps needs adept skills, design dexterity, development, and knowledge. The way the on-demand economy is taking over the traditional business models swiftly by offering services customized to modern customers, on-demand service apps are providing a promising future for businesses.
Types of On-demand Service Apps
Below mentioned are various types of on-demand services apps that are widely used by users.
- Healthcare on-demand services: On-demand appointments of doctors have gained huge popularity recently. These apps help with medicines on-demand for patients. Popular service apps are NowRX, PharmEasy, 1mg, 2ndMD, Amwell, and Doctor on-demand.
- Food delivery on-demand services: Food delivery or restaurant apps work as the mediator between different consumers and eateries. The restaurant provides a complete menu such that consumers have a better understanding. Famous apps are Postmates, Seamless, Swiggy, GrubHub, Zomato, UberEATS, and DoorDash.
- On-demand Transportation services: The reason for its popularity is easy payments, in-app messaging, real-time navigation, on-demand transportation, and transparent transactions. Uber Deliver and Uber Freight are the popular ones.
- Gift and Flowers on-demand services: These are best for those who fall short of time to buy presents but wish to have the best where door-to-door, scheduled preferred delivery time slots are available. Gitagram, UrbanStems, Bloom&Wild have become popular.
- Retail and grocery on-demand services: Customers can purchase everything they require with a broad array of options available. Popular apps are Blinkit, Kroger, Big Basket, Amazon, Walmart, etc.
- Home requirement on-demand services: Requirements like maintenance, repair, and house cleaning are now finished with a torch. Thumbtack, Handy, Taskrabbit, and Merry Mids are the popular ones.
- Beauty care on-demand services: Beauty care on-demand service apps are famous for easier appointments, better hygiene, and guaranteed sanitization. Famous apps include Glamsquad, Priv, StyleSeat, etc.
Benefits of on-demand service application
The on-demand apps facilitate the users with streamlined, secure, and simple solutions for the services on their demand. Some benefits are discussed to prove its credibility to invest in developing an on-demand service app.
- Convenient and quick: With the help of these apps, businesses can quickly connect to their customers, it saves money from commissions and transportation
- Suitable for almost every business: Almost all businesses can take benefit of the on-demand service apps to reach their consumers and serve them most conveniently.
- High scalability: Due to higher profits and scale, businesses can boost their scalability through on-demand service apps.
- Scope for enhancing customer service: These apps help better understand their consumers and their demands.
- Chance of developing an online presence: With the help of these apps, any business can have a great scope of development of their online presence.
How to develop an on-demand app?
Developing an on-demand services app needs a strategically planned system of development. Each step matters and plays a vital role in the final variety of the application. A step-by-step process for developing on-demand service application has been drafted.
- Research and Analyses: The development of an on-demand app begins with descriptive research of the industry, competition, and consumers of the business niche. This research enables a better understanding of the level and type of app required.
- Planning the procedure: It is vital to play with the plan as it helps create a path leading to the desired destination. Without a proper and clear plan, on-demand mobile app development will become pretty vague.
- Select proper features: After proper planning and research, you need to analyze the cost you wish to invest. These things will help build a clear understanding of what you wish to include in the app.
- Choose the platform: You may select from iOS and Android platforms. The choice of platforms depends on the competition of similar apps of that particular OS in the app store, consumer groups, and investment.
- Choose the right professionals: The array of professionals will help you to develop an app with complete functionality and process. You may hire a freelancer or on-demand app development agency.
Basic features and the cost for the on-demand service apps
Now that you have an idea about the basics, let us discuss the cost of development and incurring particular features. The budget template of one on-demand mobile app development depends on various factors like the spectrum of features, business model, and level of development. Generally, the cost is calculated based on hours incurred in the development of the app. Though the perfect cost of the development cannot be determined with consultation, some information will help you to understand their cost and their factors as well.
Cost of on-demand services application
- Cost of development of an on-demand app for the consumers: This app is being used by consumers. It is vital to draft a perfect array of features because it will affect your business directly. A tentative estimate of the consumer application development may be taken around $30,000. Features such as user profile, order navigation, records of orders, cart and order process, seller details, search options, chat feature, map integration, and more features add to the User Experience of the application. These factors determine the price.
- Cost of development of an on-demand app for the Service Provider: This is used by service providers, making it easy for them to work with proper communication and efficiency. The service providers can analyse the profiles of the consumer and serve accordingly. A rough estimate for developing the service provider app is $11,000. The cost will depend on factors like profile creation, order history, simple payment methods, daily analytics, messaging features, managing orders, and more that will make offering services easier for any company.
- Cost of development of an on-demand app for Admin: The admin panel will matter greatly because it is used to manage your on-demand service app and make necessary modifications. The admin has total control over the functioning of the application and ensures the working of a glitch-free app. Particular features to be included in the on-demand mobile app development for the Admins determines the cost. These features are Dashboard, determining commissions for analytics, and partners, managing end-users, handling service provider companies, and much more for monitoring better apps.
How Whitelotus Corporation Company can help you with your on-demand app development?
Whitelotus Corporation is the top mobile app development company with a record of creating on-demand service solutions for different businesses. We have extensively worked in this area, having extensive knowledge of its techniques. We have experienced professionals who have excellent industry knowledge aligned with practical skills. We emphasize understanding the business needs and your perceptions of the development of the on-demand apps. This will help you develop an app that will suit your business and enhance its model. The professionals are updated with the latest technological trends. Contact us today!